Stay Out Of The SPAM Folder!
We all get spam.
I was cleaning out my inbox and discovered I have 12,000 emails in my promotion section. That’s 12,000 emails some worked very hard at designing, copywriting and sending. I admit, as a marketer I probably look at these emails for a completely different reason than most. I love seeing clever subject lines, interesting CTA’s and beautiful graphics. However, very few people actually like anything they get in their inbox that didn’t come from someone they know. Most people just check the promotion folder for well… promotions.
There are a few tips and tricks out there to keep your email out of the promotion folder and a few “don’t try this” suggestions.
- Don't use all caps anywhere in your email or its subject line. No one likes being yelled at.
- Don't use exclamation points!!!!! We are grown ups now, (well, mostly) let’s try and act professional.
- No attachments in your emails. Attachments are like neon signs saying SPAM. Create a link to the pdf, or whatever you wanted to send, and link to it in the email.
- Stay away from spam trigger words. If it sounds like something you’d hear on a bad infomercial, it’s probably a spam trigger word.
- Use SPELL CHECK, (Yes, I’m yelling). Most programs do this for you but they aren’t perfect. Take a moment and reread your email, ask a friend to read it, or ask a family member, just look it over.
There are a lot of tips and tricks but these are a few basic violations I saw in my spam folder earlier today. Don’t worry, I had some fun deleting them, I’m down to 11,334 now!
An easy way to be sure your email marketing is being done right is trust a professional. It may be foreign to you but we literally send out dozens a day, and we even enjoy it!
For More Information on How Marketing Eye Can Help Your Business Visit www.marketingeyeatlanta.com or call our Atlanta office at 404-626-8070