2. You are dreamer, not a doer: Some people have big dreams but they never do anything about it. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. They even go as far as to write down what they want to achieve thinking that that is all they need to do to get closer to an end result.
3. They have a sense of entitlement: People that think they are entitled to something without earning it. Usually, they have been spoiled by their parents so they go through life expecting everyone else to treat them the same.
4. Their attitude stinks: They don't walk into the office with a big smile on their face and they dwell on the negative rather than the positive. They can't picture the light at the end of the tunnel.
5. They don't understand that every person is different and to appreciate the personalities around them, will only make for a better manager of the future. Also, understanding how to get the most out of people below you and above you in the workforce shows an ability to achieve outcomes through good communications skills - a skill that you can take into every part of your life.
Blaming others for your own short-comings is a fatal flaw in anyone's personality. I have a team in Atlanta who come into the office every day with smiles on their faces and each of them crack jokes and poke fun at each other all day long. There is lots of laughter and a real sense of team spirit. Each one of them will reach the heights in their careers because they are positive, they each put in long hours and work hard to achieve their goals.
If I look at people that have worked for me over the years that have been successful, they all share common traits. A young high school dropout became an Advertising Manager for a big global entertainment business. She started out as an accounts clerk and worked so hard and diligently that when she eventually left to travel the world, I had tears rolling down my face. Another early hire, Kirsten became a Marketing Manager for a large technology company and the list goes on. All of these people are loyal and don't take no for an answer. They are good communications, work hard and never blame others for something that they don't do well.
Moral of the story: If you have any of these traits and are not prepared to change, but still want to climb the corporate ladder, the only way you are going to do it is by sleeping with someone.
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants