Live your life on your own terms
This morning I had breakfast at The Mercer Kitchen in Soho with my friend Kristina Karlsson, you know that phenomenal businesswoman who blows every other Australian businesswoman out of the water.
She epitomizes exactly what I want to be like.
One of her goals is to work out how she can spend more quality time with her kids. That's amazing. Shouldn't every parent have this on their list? But they don't. That's the reality.
If I were to really look hard at what is the life I want to live it would be quite easy:
- Be constantly stimulated through business
- Have meaningful conversations with friends, families and strangers
- Travel and experience other people's cultures
- Take my business to the next level, but in a way that is less lonely. That requires change and evolution and I am putting my hand up for that right now.
- Be kind and thoughtful and help those that are not as lucky as I am. Not talk about it in the media and tell people how generous I am, but do it quietly and respectfully with the only outcome is helping others change their own worlds to become more bearable.
- Take time out for myself and meditate, do yoga and in general relax
- Write more and share my writings with others
- Forget about the past and only think of the future
- Always forgive and forget - its too big of a burden to carry
- Jump at the chance to have an experience that I would not normally be able to have
- Love everyone and everything. Find the good in everything that passes me by and really appreciate it for what it is.
- Spend more time with my dog doing things she loves at odd times of the day. Mix it up a bit.
Play your own game and love yourself enough to leave room to love others.
This year is going to be amazing and that's because I am only going to let amazing people in.
What is it that you really want to get out of life the most?