The Sunday Marketer
Then, I come home, shower, and turn on my computer. Mainly I write, but at least for an hour or so, I work.
Unlike most people, I rarely go into my emails. That to me is a Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 job. Instead I look at the Marketing Eye website and think of ways to market our business.
I am THE SUNDAY MARKETER.
Without the influences of an office, I sit overlooking the park and I research marketing blogs around the world. Mainly, outside of Australia, as unfortunately, the Australian marketing blogs are quite limiting and you can tell by reading many of them that they don't travel and are not spending enough time researching what is out there in the world of marketing.
American websites are always good and for design, if you check out Denmark, Sweden and Iceland design firms, you will be sure to get some inspiration. Of course, today, Pinterest fast tracks design search.
There are a few in the UK that are particularly good from a strategic marketing perspective and on social media.Hhowever, the Brit's design on websites and in other marketing mediums is largely not up to par.
As a SUNDAY MARKETER, I always:
1. Look through my marketing consultancy firm websites and make sure all links are working.
2. Check the week's blog statistics. Who is reading what and when so that I can write a blog that relates to what people are interested in.
3. Tweet and find other twitters who are of interest to retweet.
4. Write marketing material. New brochures, blogs, white papers, books, newsletters etc.
5. Check out my Linkedin page and see what is featured on Linkedin Today.
6. Strategize. Think about how our sales pipeline is going and what we will be focused on this week and this month.
What are your tips for marketing on a Sunday?