Grow market share and drive sales through online marketing
If you look at your website, it is the home base. The place where you want everyone to come "home to" and feel comfortable to let their hair down and take off their shoes. In fact, you don't even mind if they put their feet up on the coach - as long as they feel comfortable enough to want to come back time and time again.
To get your visitor to feel this way, you have to be hospitable. You need to make them "feel" at home and as if your place is theirs. They need to have all of their home comforts and you have to keep them entertained.
Not rocket science really.
So, why then do millions of companies worldwide build soul-less websites that have no interactivity, limited functionality and they look like someone's cousin's friend put it together while they were in high school?
Marketing Eye has moved into the US market and we are gaining considerable traction. The reason why people are so open to seeing a new set of "marketing eye's" look over their current marketing materials and platforms is that they know that something is wrong. They know that their marketing is not representing their brand in the way that they had hoped or that their clients and prospects expect.
We are working with an awesome IT firm in Atlanta and they are quite successful. Imagine how much more they can be successful with a website that connects with clients, a proper marketing strategy and some communications both internally and externally.
Your website is not a brochure. If it is, then at some stage your business is going to start falling behind your competitors. Customer service and a great sales team is not enough anymore and if you are serious about growing your business and delivering clients with an experience that they cannot get elsewhere, then social media engagement is a must.
What every company needs is:
1. An online marketing strategy
2. Conversion rate optimization
3. Traffic generation
4. Lead generation
5. Brand and content marketing online
Some companies just invest in adwords, yet their websites are terrible. They wonder why they don't convert. There are so many ways you can improve your online marketing and it can be affordable. After all, what company can afford not to?
Some easy to implement ways to improve online sales:
1. Don't over-clutter your home page. Have one very loud call to action that no visitor can miss and make sure it is the number one product or service you sell.
2. Build your database with opt-in offers, free case studies/white papers and report, newsletter subscriptions and more.
3. Ensure you have the benefits of buying from your company on your front page.
4. Focus on your visitors - not you.
5. Instill some urgency in making contact with you.
6. Use quality images - there is no excuse for bad photography or images
7. SEO your website
8. Write quality copy that "tells the story"
9. Ensure that your call to action buttons are in the right places on your website. If people are not clicking on it - then move it around.
10. Set up Google Analytics and review daily.
To follow Mellissah Smith on Twitter: www.twitter.com/marketingeyeus