The ocean is full of surprises
I find inspiration in the most unusual places and at times that I never expect.
It still amazes me that every single day how much I learn. My thirst for information is insatiable to the point that I continually go out in search of new learnings.
Yesterday, as I sailed out onto the ocean, just on the skirts of Melbourne, Australia, I was in awe at how much I learnt from a couple of people who without knowing it, are continually teaching me new things.
Here is a few things that I was reminded of yesterday:
- Everybody is good at something - and everybody is bad at something
- Team work is the only way
- If you are going to go fishing, you need some bait
- The smartest person in the room, often just sits back to get a better view of the situation
- If you look out on the ocean, there is no ending, just new beginnings
- Time is something you cannot buy
- By putting your own fears behind you when a friend is in need - you will overcome your fear
- There is more reward in sacrifice than just continually succumbing to your own wants and desires
- Sometimes you just have to take your time, get to know the people around you and appreciate everything for what it is
When you take time out to look at the view, you can see it so much more clearly. Having a laugh, appreciating people's differences, embracing change, taking on a challenge and being there for people when they need you - is more rewarding then constantly trying to give your gratifications, material possessions and short-term highs.