I have only been on a tram a couple times before and that was years ago, so I didn't quite know what to do. I asked a fellow passenger where the ticket machine was and she said 'that (sic) they no longer have them, you need a Myki'.
Again, I felt this rush of panic overcame me. I couldn't get off the tram as I would have been late for my lawyers, yet I didn't have a ticket. Butterflies mounted in my stomach and as the tram neared Federation Square, three stops before I was due to get off, I hopped off the tram and walked straight into a young woman wearing runners and workout gear. She asked if I would like to win a pair of running shoes. I said, "yes". She walked me to a slot machine, I pressed 4 and out came a small box. Inside the box, was a voucher for a $200 pair of #boost Adidas running shoes. I couldn't believe it! What a great start.
Being a marketer, I immediately tweeted the machine, the promotional girls that were hired to do the experiential marketing campaign, the winning box, the shoes - you name it, I tweeted it.
And now... I am writing about it on this blog.
What I loved about this campaign:
- #boost - was exactly what I needed and everyone needs first thing in the morning
- I have been buying a lot of NIKE gear in the US lately, and had forgotten that there are actually other brands out there
- Immediately I was envious of the blue Adidas running shoes the promotional girls were wearing - they were sporty, sexy and a bit of fun
- Everyone loves to win - I am no different
- Being healthy is important, and this was an experiential marketing campaign that encourages people to run
- Everyone who has ever run further than 1 mile would love to run at least a half marathon one day - I am no different
- #Boost #Adidas #Win - need I say more?
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants