Combined talents, ways of looking at things and the results of a motivated team, is critical in getting your business into shape and achieving business goals.
The One Minute Manager is a small book, that is easy to read and even easier to understand. Particularly if you are a small business and in the professional services space, you will find this book is one of your 'bible's' in business.
For us, a marketing consultancy firm, every minute we work on our clients businesses, is imperative to them achieving their goals and us doing our jobs. So, if we have to spend too much time, managing staff, and keeping the motivation high, the business just doesn't work. It takes us away from achieving results and into 'people management' that is often regulated to a micro management status. Now no-one wants to be in this area do they?
The words "manager" and "educator" are synonymous (ref: Kenneth Blanchard, The One Minute Manager), so education of your team and empowering them through the developmental stages is important to building a high performance team.
What's your tips on how a small business can build a high performance team, without too much work?
P.S. If you like this marketing blog, then please feel free to share it on whatever social network medium you see fit. We love facebook, twitter and linkedin!
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants