Professional Services Marketing - Something about personality
Let me assure you, if you follow the same marketing campaign as other industry sectors - you will fail.
But how do you know what works for your industry? It's not pot luck, nor can you toss a coin and have a reliable outcome.
Professional services marketing is all about personality, systems, consistent behaviours, innovation, reliability and keep ahead of the curve.
If you are a professional services firm, here a some things you may like to consider:
1. Do all your employees understand what your brand is really about? It's personality, the way it communicates, its key messages and how it lives inside the lives of your clients?
2. Have you surveyed a significant swot of clients in the past 6 months to fully understand what their needs are, what they are looking for in a professional services firm and how you can improve your service delivery?
3. Are you employees brand ambassadors or just employees?
4. How often do you communicate with your clients?
5. How consistent are you with communicating with your clients?
6. Are you listening to your clients?
7. Are you encouraging interaction with your clients and other users of your services?
8. Are the systems and processes in place so that if someone 'gets hit by a bus', someone else can pick up from where they left off?
9. Do you have a CRM system in place that is actually used by your sales team?
10. Are you actively seeking out new clients through strategic marketing campaigns that are delivering results?
Lawyers, Accountants, Financial Planners, Advertising Agencies - it's time to re-think your marketing strategy.
P.S. If you like this marketing blog, then please feel free to share it on whatever social network medium you see fit. We love facebook, twitter and linkedin!