Another day, a new outlook
I am inspired. Work is fantastic. Life is falling into place and things are getting done. It's amazing what 24 hours can do. Another day, a new outlook.
Sometimes when you have been staring at the same document for days or doing the same things over and over again, its hard to have a fresh perspective.
It may take some time away from what you are doing to have a 'new outlook' or perhaps it means showing someone else your work.
If you have goals and you want to reach them, then its important to stay on track. Try new paths, but when they are obviously leading you in the wrong direction, switch. Don't waste time. Make the cold hard decisions that need to be made and revisit your business plan or your marketing plan to make sure everything still leads in the same direction.
Some tips on how to keep on track:
1. Ensure your plan is written down in hard copy. We are all about soft copies these days, that sometimes a hard copy is the reminder we need to ensure that we follow things through.
2. Ask others to make you accountable. It may be other members of your team, your board of directors or your family and friends.
3. Change paths if the path you are on isn't going to work.
4. Make decisions and don't be afraid of failure.
5. Engage with everyone around you and get their buy-in.