Like most companies who work in a specific field and never actually get around to doing their 'craft' for themselves, Marketing Eye has left our own website a little unloved. That is going to change in a week or so, and only last week did we launch our new Australian website, which we love with a great response.
Marketing 1st, technology 2nd
We are a marketing company first, and a technology company second. What that means is all of our team are either in these two categories, and everything we do with marketing has a technology bent. Likewise, everything we do with technology has a marketing flavor.
Just one week into our new website in Australia and we decided to be brave and put our website to the test. There are some areas we haven't completed, that simply are a work in progress, but overall it's 70 percent there. The test was a third-party analytics site that determines your websites ability to be mobile friendly.
Why this is so important is that our website will predominantly be viewed on mobile applications because our blog is why people come back day-in, day-out. We also find people searching for a marketing consultant, or outsourced marketing agency in Atlanta primarily are looking for one first via their phone, and later in the day at their desks.
As the pictures shows, we received more than we expected at this point in terms of mobile friendly performance with a 30/30.
We develop about 100 new websites per year for clients and it is important that their websites are responsive and perform well on mobile.
Here's some tips to how we do it:
- We build only responsive websites: It is imperative to be able to see your website on every application and platform.
- Marketing is called in at the start of the equation to work collaboratively with our technology and creative teams.
- Loading fast, visual creativity, and great content is a critical.
- Font sizes and button size matter. If they are too small, people click off your mobile site faster than you can blink an eyelid.
- Don't do a separate website for mobile and desktop as Google penalizes websites for duplicated content.
- Resolution of images needs to be good. Don't have pixated images on your mobile website.
- Test, retest and keep on testing!
Hope this is helpful.
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants