How to market a technology company in 2022
With so many technology company startups, the need for out-of-the-box marketing solutions that help brands stand out from the crowd is heightened. "If you always do, what you've always done..." you may not have clients moving forward.
Marketing is changing at an alarming rate and Atlanta is known for a saturation of martech companies that are foreseeing the future of marketing technologies that power sales and marketing performance.
To stand out from a crowded marketplace, you need to have a strategy in place and be courageous enough to be creative.
- What marketing strategy is going to help your business reach its business goals. If you don't want to spend weeks developing a marketing strategy, log onto Robotic Marketer and have technology do it for you.
- What technology stack will power marketing performance?
- Marketing strategy platform: Use a marketing strategy platform that develops your marketing plan using data insights. Be aware of companies that make you write your own strategy without "intelligence" obtained through data and machine learning, as these platforms are little more than an excel spreadsheet. Use a marketing strategy platform that combines your goals and objectives and turns them into actionable marketing tactics that accomodate your resources, budget and capabilities.
- Email marketing: Today, email marketing is imperative. Our latest campaign had an open rate of 51%. You should aim for between 15 and 30% open rate of each campaign. We use Mailchimp for email marketing, however, there are many less expensive tools in the market.
- Customer relationship management: This market is quite saturated, but we find that technology companies under $50 million in revenue benefit most from Nimble. We use it to track our leaders, interact with them on social media and send email communications.
- Adobe: We use many of Adobe's tools because they are essential in every marketing department. They have a solid marketing automation tool with Marketo and of course, Indesign is the best of the best.
- Grammarly: Every marketing department needs a proof reader.
- AirDeck: Having the right presentation technology is one thing, but being able to use audio and video while at the same time benefiting from analytics - is a whole new ball game.
- Have an optimal communications and PR stack:
- Get Shift
- Otter AI
- Google Drive
- Drive leads through the sales funnel with marketing automation and sales focused platforms like Salesloft.
- Use promotional products to connect with customers on a more intimate level especially when you are not meeting face to face.
- Collaborate case studies are an essential part of your marketing mix.
The changes in the market due to COVID, how people buy and make buying decisions, fragmented workforces and the reliance on technology impacts marketing. More so than ever, the saturation of digital marketing spend is causing social media and digital feeds to be cluttered, making it harder for advertisers to get a reasonable ROI.
Most companies have moved away from telephone communications and onto Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meets. This has created challenges for any company using telemarketing as part of their marketing mix. With working from home, direct marketing has challenges as most people are reluctant to give out their home addresses. Email marketing is cluttered with spam. Events online don't have the sizzle that offline events create and there is little or no networking. Clubhouse is the new events headquarters but from a B2B perspective can be lost with business and life coaches, marketers and rappers. Relying on marketing as it once was is not the best way to navigate marketing in 2022. Change is necessary.