Whilst there have been many great successes over time, there has been quadriple that in failures.
If you are thinking about going viral, try this approach;
Treat it like an experiment. It may work, it may not. Use blogs, vlogs, podcasts, widgets, social networks (twitter, facebook, youtube, myspace) and really anything you can get your hands on online.
Use Technorati, del.icio.us, BlogPulse, and PubSub to see what ideas are being shared, and what ideas are taking off.
Pay attention to not only the measurement of the viral,but also what conversations people are having about it, their responses and mashups.
When things take off, they take off!
Be ready to respond, participate and engage.
Don’t take virals too seriously. Have fun with them and learn from your experiences.
Join Marketing Eye on Twitter and Facebook today!
P.S. If you like this marketing blog, then please feel free to share it on whatever social network medium you see fit. We love facebook, twitter and linkedin!
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants