5 Free Courses to Take Before Starting Your Marketing Career
I get it. Once you finish college you can’t wait to never take another test again. Unfortunately, this just isn’t the reality of the workforce and you will probably be taking many tests for a very long time, especially if you decide to start a career in marketing. But hey on the bright side, attaining more knowledge is never a bad thing, right?
Here are a few reasons to consider taking these courses prior to starting your marketing career:
- Boost your resume: Believe me, there are hundreds of people applying for the exact same job as you. These certifications will allow you stand out against the competition!
- Real world experience: While having a college degree is great, it isn’t always the best for teaching students real, everyday work experiences. These courses will teach you how to use programs you will use every day in your marketing career, before you even get hired. There for you will be better off once you actually get the job!
- Knowledge is power: Taking these online classes will show you everything from how to build an email marketing campaign, to reviewing website analytics for your future clients. Be prepared, you’re going to have to learn this material eventually, you might as well do it sooner than later!
Here are 5 FREE certifications you should complete online prior to starting your marketing career:
- Google Analytics Certification- Most companies use Google Analytics to manage their website traffic and engagement. This will be a huge part of your job as a marketer and having this on your resume is killer!
- Hubspot Academy Email Marketing Certification- As you have probably learned in school, and noticed from your own email inbox, marketing has become extremely personalized. Email marketing is one of the best ways for marketers to connect with current and future customers. Learning these strategies is essential in order to keep up in this competitive industry.
- Hubspot Academy Inbound Marketing Certification- What is inbound marketing, you might be asking? Inbound marketing steers away from vying for customer attention and instead tries to engage and build relationships with customers through targeted content creation. Traditional marketing is out and inbound is in. Taking this course will show your future employer that you are way ahead of the game!
- Google AdWords Certification- Advertising has taken a drastic turn in recent years. The effectiveness of printed ads have plummeted and digital ads are the current “big thing”. Let’s be honest, if you want to learn something about anything, you just type your question into Google. This makes Google the hottest space for advertisements. Taking the Google AdWords certification will not only help you prepare to advertise your future company, but it will definitely make you stand out as it is not an easy course.
- Hootsuite Social Media Marketing Certification- Hootsuite’s first course is free, so if you’re going to take one, the Social Media Marketing Certification is the way to go! On average, people spend 135 minutes a day on social media. And you’ve undoubtedly noticed ads targeted specifically to you on your platforms. Understanding how social media marketing works will help you begin a very successful marketing career.
Once you have finished, put your certification on your LinkedIn page to show future employers your new accomplishments. Watch out world, because a college student taking this knowledge into the workforce will be unstoppable!
Of course, if you’re not a marketer and looking for a talented and skilled team to implement a targeted marketing strategy in 2018, contact one of our marketing executives.