With a volatile market, retailers are feeling the pinch and as they all scramble to have end of financial year sales – there is one company that stands out from the crowd – and that’s Country Road.
Today, they had their second last day of their 25% off sale and I have to say, the store was packed. I always find Country Road to be good for quality staples for your wardrobe. Things like a sweater, a jacket, leggings and boots. Even though everything is made in China, it appears to be fairly well done and they never get caught up in the latest crazes, so whatever you buy, typically, you can wear it for more than one season.
I am sure that you will find that Country Road sell more with a sale in May like this than anything they do for end of financial year. It’s off-season for sales and the unsuspecting public are caught off guard. With little or no competition in the sales arena, Country Road has consumers clamming to get through their doors.
So, the question I ask is;
“Is it better to do the opposite of your competitors?”
Think about Country Road and how well they are doing this week compared to other retailers and you be the judge.
Marketing Eye is Australia’s leading marketing consultancy firm for small to medium sized businesses. This marketing blog is written by Mellissah Smith, Marketing Eye’s CEO.
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants